Friday, October 9, 2026

HANGING ON


 Have you ever come to a place in life that you know you are doing everything right but in spite of your best efforts life is going horribly wrong. 

I'm in that uncomfortable place right now where I'm smiling on the outside but screaming Foul on the inside.I have been bringing my prayer requests to God but there are no answers in sight. I don't understand why he feels so far away especially when I need his help now more than ever.  

Are you there God? Can't you see I'm just hanging on by a thread.   

Sounds a little dramatic but as a prayer warrior, I was feeling confused,frustrated, and abandoned. In the process of seeking God's answer I began to realize I was missing something vital to my spiritual growth. I have been a Christian for a long time so I believe with all my heart that God answers our prayers. I have seen him work many times in my own life and the lives of others. So why was waiting for him to answer this time becoming so difficult to bear? 

  • Fortunately, God didn't make me wait long for his encouraging answer. First off, he showed me that waiting is a big part of the blessing. Remember Abraham and Sarah , our spiritual founding fathers. God promised to make him the father of nations but they had no children. (Genesis 12:2-3) In spite of Sarah's advanced years they waited and believed for 40 years. God kept his promise and answered their request with a son, who was a blessing to his elderly parents and to future generations to this day. So while we anticipate God's answer to our prayers, understand He is doing something bigger within us by helping us develop perseverance. "Wait for the Lord: be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." (Psalm 27:14)
  • Next, he showed me that suffering, disappointment, hardship and trials are also part of the blessing. God cares deeply for our spiritual growth so along with perseverance he wants to forge in our lives greater trust. "Without faith it is impossible to please God." (Hebrews 11:6) As we wait , he is building greater confidence in us so we learn to move forward in faith before the answer comes . Lets face it, it's easy to trust when life is going our way bur trusting God in the storms of life produces champions. God is growing prayer warriors for the future.  
  • Finally, coming to the end of yourself and feeling like you are hanging on by a thread is a very real emotion when trouble surrounds us but God wants us to operate in faith : not fear and defeat. When we are weary, tired, and frustrated and want to give up, our Heavenly Father hands us another blessing. Humility.  God exchanges our human inclination to take matters into our own hands with his power and strength to endure all things. "With man this is impossible but with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26 ) 
  • The point is, the next time you feel like waiting is just too much to bear, remember: the greatest blessings are built into the process.  

No comments:

Post a Comment