Wednesday, December 8, 2021

TIDINGS OF COMFORT AND JOY

 Funny how "The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year" has a way of magnifying our sins and failures. As I sat at my desk pondering what I could possibly write to encourage others when my own thoughts were full of defeat and condemnation... God showed up... in my morning devotional with a word that set me back on the right track.  

You don't have to get to the end of your struggle to experience wholeness. Jesus came to forgive our sins and bridge the gap that separates us from God. Let His presence soothe your anxiety and give you peace and a sound mind. Accept His forgiveness this Christmas and share his gifts of mercy, grace and love with others. Remind this generation that God sent His only son into the world to forgive their sins. "She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21)

 

"Come now, let's settle this," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow. though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool." (Isaiah 1:18  NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment