Friday, May 1, 2020

LIFE ON PAUSE


For many Americans there is nothing more contrary to our dispositions than having to put our lives on hold!
 I admit, I don't like changing my routine anymore than the next guy but to tell the truth I am learning some very important life lessons as I reflect on that nasty four letter word... WAIT.


"Those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength." Isaiah 40:31


I realized waiting is something God does to help me reach my potential. He is giving me time to regroup and build momentum for what lies ahead. I am learning to trust that His timing is superior to anything I could imagine for myself. With that misunderstanding resolved,  a tremendous amount of peace and awareness lifted me above my anxiety. Waiting is all about expecting to see God work on my behalf.

The second lesson I learned is God's strength is not the martial arts kind of mental determination I imagined. It's not me toughing something out until my prayer is answered. Instead, strength is a state of mind. It is in quiet, confidence that we place our lives, our families, our hopes, and dreams in the hands of our Heavenly Father knowing they are safe.
"In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength." Isaiah 30:15

Thirdly, and most impotently, when our lives are up and running after this quarantine is over we will be refreshed, refueled, and ready for whatever new journey the Lord has planned for us.


















No comments:

Post a Comment