Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Survior

 I am a survivor of the Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers Conference and I have to say it was an awesome experience. Each day was packed with sessions, workshops, panels, and clinics. I walked around the halls in a blur, dizzy and star struck by the array of editors, agents, authors, and special speakers.

You guessed it. I am a writer and a wannabe author. I jumped out of the shoot with a speculative fiction trilogy, a hard sell in the Christian market. I have never been one to look before I leap. My first workshop was entitled “Practice Your Pitch.” The instructor was excellent and I got to first base with two editors. Now I must wait to see if I will make a Home Run.

This blog will detail my Batting Average as a writer to a published author. I hope that others will join and comment on their Strikeouts and Grand Slams. Since writing is only one of my many passions, there will be room for other ramblings. The speakers and discussion groups during the conference challenged us to open our eyes to a field ripe for harvest.

The diverse group of men and women wanting to change the world through the power of the written word was humbling. New friendships were forged as we sifted through the plethora of information provided by a talented and caring staff. As we prepared to head home, and back to our keyboards, many of us exchanged emails and phone numbers. The eyes of our hearts no longer clouded and blurred with the vision of our names in print but bright with a new focus.

I arrived at the conference with query and manuscripts having a single-minded purpose, to have my first book published. I left with a new perspective of who I am, what I have been called to do, and how much there is to be done for the sake of justice and compassion in this world. I will Write His Answer.

Post your passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment